Re: [pfaf] Burdock

  • ambyagro@yahoo.es
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 30, 2011
      Wich is the best climate zone for burdock? Where an how can we get seeds/cuttings?

      Enviado desde un dispositivo BlackBerry® de Tigo

      From: Allmende Verden <allmendeperma@...>
      Sender: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:40:18 +0100
      ReplyTo: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] Burdock

      We tried arctium lappa about 3 years ago and the only cultivated
      varieties we could get hold of from the internet were 'Takinogawa
      Long' and 'Watanabe Early'.
      An average individual of T.´s root weight more than 4 times that of W..
      We had 2 kinds of mulch: Ramial wood-pieces and a kind of thatch.
      Empirically the thatch has more nutrients, but here (as often in
      root-crops) this made no clear difference.

      We had no favour in one of it´s tastes and at all they turned out to
      be less popular than carrot or parsnip. And they also havent made more
      kilograms per squaremeter. So this first try was also the last.

      We´ve got wild goatsbeard in the beds, which is also a nice rootcrop.
      Greetings from Steph

      Zitat von Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>:

      > I`ve harvested some nice Burdock roots, Arctium lappa.
      > Also harvested enought seeds from one plant to supply me the rest of my
      > life !?
      >
      > Anyone tried growing - harvesting other wild species, like
      > Arctium minor or Arctium tomentosum ?
      >
      > Anyone have receipts fro the use of the root to recommend !?
      >
      > Geir Flatabø

      Artilleriestr. 6
      D-27283 Verden
      Tel (+49) 4231- 90 30 470 (lange aufs Klingeln warten)
      Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
      http://www.allmende.de.vu

    • Allmende Verden
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2011
        At least wild burdock is growing in the area (of Verden, lower saxony,
        Germany). When you type the latin name and the varieties below into
        google you get some seed-sellers ***Steph

        Zitat von ambyagro@...:

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2011
          Know anyone over experiencies with Burdock in tropicals conditions

          Enviado desde un dispositivo BlackBerry® de Tigo

          From: Allmende Verden <allmendeperma@...>
          Sender: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 23:58:58 +0100
          ReplyTo: pfaf@yahoogroups.com

          At least wild burdock is growing in the area (of Verden, lower saxony,
          Germany). When you type the latin name and the varieties below into
          google you get some seed-sellers ***Steph

          Zitat von ambyagro@...:

          > Wich is the best climate zone for burdock? Where an how can we get
          > seeds/cuttings?
          > Enviado desde un dispositivo BlackBerry® de Tigo

        • Dee Harris
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 30, 2011
            Southern  Burdock has been known to have more potency than the Northern ones. Please take this into consideration.

            At least wild burdock is growing in the area (of Verden, lower saxony,
            Germany). When you type the latin name and the varieties below into
            google you get some seed-sellers ***Steph

            Zitat von ambyagro@...:

            > Wich is the best climate zone for burdock? Where an how can we get
            > seeds/cuttings?
            > Enviado desde un dispositivo BlackBerry® de Tigo

          • Nicole Vosper