Re: [pfaf] Apple tree questions

  • Allmende Verden
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 14, 2011
      Like Geir told about Norway, in the colder areas of lower sachsony
      most pome´s flowers freezed this year. The flowers that survived are
      on the top of the crown. It seems to me that this problem also
      affected other fruit like cherry, aronia, xanthoxylum, elaeagnus,
      pear, amelanchier... Maybe the cold spring-nights after a long cold
      winter did harm to the pollinating insects, which then even found only
      few flowers for most where frozen.
      We also had a very big plum-harvest, and also hasel!
      greetings from Steph

      Zitat von Elaine Sommers <elainesommers@...>:

      > In England, I live on the East Coast, we have had an absolute glut
      > of apples. People can't give them away. We had the hot dry spring,
      > wet summer and now a hot then wet autumn. Plums and pears have been
      > massive too. We have had pears from someone's 140 yr old tree which
      > was just heaving. Strawberries are even still flowering and some
      > coming into fruit. Everything is weird.
      >
      > Blessings,
      > Elaine.
      >

      > ". . . the greatest peril of life lies in the fact that human food
      > consists entirely of souls. All the creatures that we have to kill
      > to eat, all those that we have to strike down and destroy to make
      > clothes for ourselves, have souls, souls that do not perish with the
      > body . . . All that exists lives."
      >
      > from 'Shaman, the wounded healer' by J. Halifax, 1982
      >

      > To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      > From: geirf@...
      > Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 08:29:29 +0200
      > Subject: Re: [pfaf] Apple tree questions

      > In Norway we have had the coldest / wettest summer i years,
      > and apple harvest is about 10% of normal, due t cold weather i
      > flowering time.
      >
      > White fluff on apple trees here would usually mean a "Mildew"
      > fungus, only showing in dry hot weather, not this year.
      >
      > Geir Flatabø
      >

      > 2011/10/14 Barbara Ebel <pinandweb@...>
      >

      > Two things,
      >

      > This year our apple tree which in normally very fruitful, only has
      > apples on the lower 1/3 of the branches. Does this mean anything to
      > anyone?
      >

      > Second, I have noticed white fluffly stuff on the tree, I think its
      > some sort of fungus. It looks almost like a bit of thready fluff
      > off a cotton ball. This is new to our apple tree.
      >

      > Any help appreciated.
      >

      > Barbara Ebel
      > http://www.couturecostume.com
      > http://www.greenknowe.org

      Artilleriestr. 6
      D-27283 Verden
      Tel (+49) 4231- 90 30 470 (lange aufs Klingeln warten)
      Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
      http://www.allmende.de.vu
    • trentrhode
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 14, 2011
        Hi Stella, I would be interested to understand why you are so certain of this. Diseases have not occurred where I am despite the chemtrails, and I have heard many theories about what they are for - this being the first time I've heard this one.