Re: Chenopodium - oxalic acid

  • Francis S
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2011
      IF making wine
      Chalk( calcium carbonate or limestone the stuff found in tums)

      will drop it out of susppension
      (it also drops Tartaric acid found in grapes,
      but not malic or citric found in most other fruit like Rhubarb (with malic acid)

      You can get poisoned from Rhubarb wine,
      because your concentrating it
      IF you make a gallon of Rhubarb wine
      your using (6 pounds per gallon Or even less)

      Rhubarb stalks has it in Mine ute quanities
      (I have a web site for a reference, and experience from the poisoning)
      we are talking about 6 pounds (or 4 lbs ) in a day
      so I wouldn't worry about rhubarb pie

      anyways if you drink to much the next day
      your arms which you may lift a few inches
      will feel as if weights are weighing them down
      (I mean you can barly move)
      you may feel hot, extermly tierd, but cannot sleep
      (this can (has) last 10 hours or longer)

      I layyed down for 3 hours instead of getting up to use the bathroom
      After holding it I decided to finally build up the momentum,
      and lunge myself out of bed.

      Calcium works with Vitamin b In your body
      oxalic acid prevents you from absorbing calcium,

      your body needs calcium to take in Vitamin b
      or I think it's the other way around.
      without Vitamin b you cannot absorb Calcium

      I know one thing the day after I drink (alcohol in general)
      I feel my body get better after drinking milk,
      and they say taking vitamin b before drinking is good on your body
      at least they say alcohol depletes the body of Vitamin B
      (but I believe it, thats just me though)

      Wine yeast like vitamin b to grow stronger healthy,
      but they never let me down. with Rhubarb wine.

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Steve <permalove@...> wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > I believe heat breaks down oxalic acid.. anyone care to confirm?
      >
      > Peace,
      >
      > Steve.
      >

      > --
      > *"All that is gold does not glitter,* *Not all those who wander are lost;*
      > *The old that is strong does not wither,* *Deep roots are not reached by the
      > frost.* *From the ashes a fire shall be woken,* *A light from the shadows
      > shall spring;* *Renewed shall be blade that was broken,*
      > *The crownless again shall be king."*
      > ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

    • orb orb
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2011
        I agree that you would have to eat great quatities to cause any trouble ;but I just thought I ought to mention it. There is a record of some refuges in Austria dying in the 40s; but there probably were just eating fat hen.