Re: bugs and drought
- As with many medicinal herbs (at least the ones whose aerial parts are used), Yarrow tends to produce more volatile oils if it's growing in difficult conditions.. dry, poor soils may actually get you a better yield medicinally - by all means, don't let your yarrow die, but don't coddle it.I would also seek out wild, heirloom seed and grow that in the garden rather than obtaining a long-cultivated strain.Peace,
Posted by: "Infowolf1@..." Infowolf1@... infowolf1
Thu Jun 2, 2011 3:03 pm (PDT)
are they all medicinally equivalent or repellant equivalent or does this
- "All that is gold does not glitter,
- Not all those who wander are lost;
- The old that is strong does not wither,
- Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
~ J.R.R. Tolkien
- From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
- A light from the shadows shall spring;
- Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
- The crownless again shall be king."