squirrel proof bird feeder

  • travelerinthyme
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 5:08 AM
      My clever neighbor devised a bird feeder so that only the little songbirds can reach the seeds, excluding all squirrels and bigger birds like grackles and jays.

      He made a cage of 1x2" welded wire ("rabbit wire") and used pliers to bend a few of the holes wider open, into hexagon shapes. Then he suspended a bird feeder in the middle, closed off the bottom with more wire, and NO MORE SQUIRRELS.

      ~Traveler in Thyme