Re: [pfaf] friendly bugs

  • Peter Ellis
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2011
      travelerinthyme wrote:

      > But my favourite are the little black jumping spiders that live on the
      > kitchen screen door. They look at you with those bright green eyes and
      > wave their little furry mandibles, I wish I could hear what they were
      > saying <LOL> They are actually quite sociable, my invalid father had
      > one that lived on the ceiling above his bed, and we always wondered
      > how they can jump across the ceiling, upside down?

      When I was in Nigeria I saw the most amazing lizards, in colours that
      you would not believe existed in nature - dayglo oranges, greens,
      yellows and turquoises. These things were a couple of feet long and
      would come in around where the A/C units had been roughly knocked
      through the walls, run up the wall and then run across the ceiling,
      upside down. I tell you, if you'd seen them for the first time after a
      few beers, you would have feared for your sanity !
      Once you realised that they weren't interested in you and were solely
      interested in the insects, you relaxed.

      Cheers

      Peter