Re: [pfaf] Re: Benevolent Dictator

  • Bekki Shining Bearheart LMT
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2011
      Thanks Matthew for setting the record straight. There are a lot of myths
      out there reagrding alternative energy. It really comes down to the
      profits that for-profit companies want to make, and often this is only
      possible because governments-- especially the US government-- subsidize
      them. These subsidies are found in all kinds of areas, not just energy.
      For instance the loggiing companies in many states are allowed to log in
      state forests and pay a pittance of what the trees are actually worth.
      Robbing the public of lots of revenues and never planting a tree to
      replace what they take. If the solar and wind companies were subsidized
      like the nuclear and coal and so on were, they would be more than
      competitive.