Re: Something for nothing

  • Lee Knott
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2011

      We are putting up our own wind generator and are going to build an electric car out of a 71 squareback. This will be our storage device for energy as well as our transportation. While the batteries themselves are not positive on the sustainable scale, the bridge it creates to pure self suffiency is enough to warrant it for us. I think we can fall into a depressive state where we say f-it if we try to hold to the zero energy standard. If I had my druthers we would be on a sailboat travelling and living off our wind there, but the law is holding us here. So we make do.