Plants for a Future, permaculture and nature connection are the same thing, really.

  • Ludwig
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27 9:37 AM
      I hope it is ok to announce a course on this list:

      Permaculture Design and Nature Awareness

      Earth Ways offers a unique blend between Nature Connection and Permaculture. Permaculture is observing nature and copying what we see in our garden and home. Truly observing nature is only possible after we realise how disconnected we are and while we try to reconnect to her.

      NEW to the UK:

      Permaculture Design and Nature Awareness

      Permaculture starts with nature connection.

      Permaculture is designing sustainable systems, modelled on nature. Re-connecting with nature to better understand her is an essential first step.

      Ludwig Appeltans from Earth Ways is working together with Jonny Barton and other professional trainers to offer a two week intensive workshop near Forres in Moray, Scotland.

      Learn about natural systems and deepen your understanding of Permaculture Design, Forest Gardening and ecosystems. You will also have the opportunity to spend some time foraging, relaxing and exploring the beautiful Findhorn river and beach, the Findhorn Foundation and discovering the magnificent wildlife present in this stunning part of Scotland. Upon successful completion you will be awarded a certificate in Permaculture Design from the British Permaculture Association.

      Places are limited to 12 ppl and tend to fill up very fast, so if you are interested don't hesitate to book with us straight away.

      Please help spread the word by passing this invitation on to family and friends who you think might be interested.

      Dates & Time: Sun. July 31st 12 am to Sat. August 13th 4 pm

      Venue: Hardmuir of Boath near Forres, Scotland.

      Price: Sliding scale: £600 - £800 Concessions available. Job seekers might get serious discounts via procserve. Please sponsor someone if you can afford it. £200 refundable deposit reserves your spot.

      Register with or contact Ludwig for more information:

      www.earth-ways.co.uk info@... 07760142495

      The teachers:

      Jonny Barton, brought up on organic smallholdings in Scotland in the 1970s and '80s, has been teaching permaculture design since 2005. He has experience of work including woodland management, organic gardening, and farming, renewable energy systems, Green politics, eco-building and community work.

      After encountering permaculture in Asia, he completed the Permaculture Design Course in England in 2004, became the first to complete a Diploma in Applied Permaculture Design in Scotland in 2007. Home is a 7 acre hill croft where he lives with his wife Wendy, “off the grid” in North Aberdeenshire. Recently he designed and built his home from load bearing straw bales: Scotland's first. He holds a BA in religious studies and Psychology, also works as qualified English Teacher to adults and nurtures a garden and new woodland at home.

      Ludwig Appeltans
      Helping and protecting the environment has been my passion since I was a child. I started thinking the permaculture way when I was 8. I learned that trees produce the oxygen that we breath, so I persuaded my parents to plant an oak tree in the garden. My passion for permaculture was born, even though I didn't know the word.
      From as far back as I can remember, I have felt a desire to be deeply connected with nature. Over the years my nature connection journey has included playing in the rain as a child, being a scout master in my late teens, organizing survival expeditions for young offenders in my twenties and living entirely off grid in a Scottish woodland for four years in a self-made shelter with a wood burning stove.
      My ongoing exploration of sustainable food production systems and ways of reconnecting ourselves to our natural environment has led me to establish myself as a forest garden/permaculture designer and teacher and bushcraft mentor.

      Earth Ways was created by Ludwig Appeltans in 2007 in a response to a fast-growing demand worldwide for sustainable ways of living that work in collaboration with nature rather than continually fighting against it. He has many years’ experience of restoring natural habitats, re-introducing biodiversity, pioneering sustainable ways of growing food and harvesting bio fuels, as well as mentoring others in bushcraft and survival skills.

      Ludwig obtained his Permaculture Designer Certificate in 2009 from Patrick Whitefield, the foremost permaculture expert in Britain. Ludwig successfully completed a Permaculture Training of Teachers course organised by 'Designed Visions' in 2010.

      --
      Reconnecting People, Land and Nature
      Permaculture courses, workshops and design, Forest Gardening, Wild Food, Nature Connection, Tree Work.