Re: Soil Association

  • grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2001

      > Yes we have been looking into alternative means of certification.
      > The Vegan Organic Network
      > http://www.veganvillage.co.uk/vohan/index.htm
      > is preparing a certification scheme which looks very good.

      Hi Rich- my friend Ron here in Southend On sea (well Leigh, actually)
      is going for the Vegan Organic certification- I believe he is the
      first and will very much be a 'pilot'for the scheme. All seems to be
      going well so far.. I'll try to get him to feedback something to the
      list...

      > We may not actually bother with certification at all, for us
      > our reputation is probably enough.

      Fair point, but from the other angle attaining the VO certification
      will assist VOHAN in giving their scheme credibility, I shouldn't
      think PFAF would have alot of problems in meeting the criteria!

      Cheers, Graham
    • Richard Morris
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2001
        Graham,

        grahamburnett@... wrote:

        > > Yes we have been looking into alternative means of certification.
        > > The Vegan Organic Network
        > > http://www.veganvillage.co.uk/vohan/index.htm
        > > is preparing a certification scheme which looks very good.
        >
        > Hi Rich- my friend Ron here in Southend On sea (well Leigh, actually)
        > is going for the Vegan Organic certification- I believe he is the
        > first and will very much be a 'pilot'for the scheme. All seems to be
        > going well so far.. I'll try to get him to feedback something to the
        > list...

        Yep that would be great. BTW David from Vohan was a trustee of the
        pfaf charity earlier this year so we have very good contacts.

        > > We may not actually bother with certification at all, for us
        > > our reputation is probably enough.
        >
        > Fair point, but from the other angle attaining the VO certification
        > will assist VOHAN in giving their scheme credibility, I shouldn't
        > think PFAF would have alot of problems in meeting the criteria!

        Good point.
        ttfn

        Rich
        --
        Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
        Main Site: Blagdon Cross, Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5DF, England