Re: [pfaf] Re: fennel seeds and broader conversation

  • Bekki Shining Bearheart LMT
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 10, 2011
      Steve-- you said many good things in your post, but thank you especially
      for this!

      Steve wrote:

      > In addition to benefitting from physically taking them into our
      > bodies, I believe that you can experience healing from simply being in
      > close proximity with these living beings.
      > It's likely that this will elicit a passionate response from some
      > people, but I suspect many of us are in such a rush these days that we
      > just don't slow down long enough to recognise these energies and how
      > they act upon us.

      As a shamanic healer who has long worked with the plants as spiritual
      beings, and with their physical presences in the garden, I never make
      medicine without invoking the spirits of the plants themselves. Many who
      have planted a garden and worked with growing plants will attest to the
      healing and love generated in those sacred spaces. This is not
      airy-fairy new ageism, but the blessing of being a creature living on
      earth in community with the rest of creation. Our lives depend on and
      are integrally connected to nature, and if we forget that we imperil our
      continued existence on the planet.

      > I have to say that Bekki's point about the propaganda campaign against
      > "alternative" medicine is valid, and I will go further and say that
      > much of our valuable informational heritage has been lost - and is
      > being lost - as a result of this line in the sand that we've drawn
      > between the physical and the spirit. This can actually be traced back
      > to not so long ago when a political agreement was made that science
      > would govern the mind / body and the church would govern the spirit.
      > For the sake of our very existence we must reunite our beings and
      > reclaim ourselves from these entrenched forms of control.

      Again, I am TOTALLY on the same page. Thank you for expressing it so well.