Re: tomatoes in greenhouses

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2011
      Jonathan,

      No real need to apologise for advising someone to do a thorough accounting of energy.  Peace.

      Frank,

      My friend has geothermal heating already installed under his barn in Ontario, Canada.  Not the Arctic circle, I'll admit, but pretty chilly in winter.  Second-hand information this may be, but he's an ex-economist, and if he would invest his energy in it he's probably done the research.

      I'm sure you'll still do your own research, but perhaps this is a little incentive.

      Also, Sepp Holzer of Austria has been doing cold-climate permaculture for decades, and uses the heat retaining capacity of rock in his design to provide warmth.  The sun shines on the rocks and they warm up, then they release the heat after the air cools in the evening.. this effectively extends the day's warmth and prevents frost in microclimates.

      Peace,

      Steve.

      --
      "All that is gold does not glitter,