Re: [pfaf] Fwd: uniper drink

  • Peter knop
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2011
      "juniper berry" covers a multitude of sins.  Are ALL juniper berries good to use? Juniperus virginiana tends to be loaded with berries, even this time of year (pale blue, small, takes two or three minutes to harvest a cup. Does it matter if a few needles are mixed in?  Maybe adds a bit of retzina flavor?

      From: Guttorm Flatabø <post@...>

      My son have posted a Buzz about Juniper berries,
      might be of interest to this list.....

      Geir Flatabø

      >  Link to this post:
      >  http://www.google.com/buzz/105377732872681737540/9JMhWmiFjXr/Place-about-2-cups-liter-of-juniper-berries-in-a
      >
      > Feb 7 Guttorm Flatabø: "Place about 2 cups (½ liter) of juniper berries in a gallon (4 liter) jug, and fill it with water. No sugar or anything else required. Ferment for about a month, stirring or shaking and releasing pressure periodically. Truly delicious."
      >
      > Latest fermentation tip from wildfermentation.com
      >
      > Haven't tried myself, would like to use fresh
      juniper berries, and they're not that easy to get, I think.