research documentation on edible mosses

  • Adrien Messean
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2011
      Hello,

      In first, I'm sorry for my english, not very good!

      I am French botanist and bryologist, passionate too by edible vascular plants.
      This domain is easy for me, but I would like to develop the knowledges of edible mosses and liverworts.

      It's difficult to find documentation on edible mosses.

      If some of you have knowledges in this domain, or if you have bibliography, I am very interested.

      With my thanks

      Adrien
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2011
        Only lichens............... as edible and nutritional content.
        Some mosses esp Sphagnum have been used for keeping food, esp  winter storing of vegetables, like carrots.

        Geir Flatabø

        2011/1/29 Adrien Messean <adrien.messean@...>
        Hello,

        In first, I'm sorry for my english, not very good!

        I am French botanist and bryologist, passionate too by edible vascular plants.
        This domain is easy for me, but I would like to develop the knowledges of edible mosses and liverworts.

        It's difficult to find documentation on edible mosses.

        If some of you have knowledges in this domain, or if you have bibliography, I am very interested.

        With my thanks

        Adrien

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional