...is this list still working?...

  • Allmende Verden
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 28, 2010
      Hmm, no mails since midjuli...
      ...and that this doesnt bore you only: Our biggest peaches are dead
      since we had extreme latefrosts this year (the young leaves died), the
      same problems on young castaneas and juglans´. We had the most extreme
      mousepopulation ever in the following drought. The trees had very few
      fruits due to extreme long&cold winter and late frosts killing
      flowers. That´s a bit of this year in north germany. &greetings from
      Klaus

      Zitat von Steve <permalove@...>:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > I'm Steve in Bermuda.
      >
      > This response is more to do with the birds themselves than the fodder.. you
      > guys already know about comfrey and dandelions, etc, so I won't go over it
      > again.
      >
      > I run several chickens in a tractor (portable bottomless cage), and mostly I
      > like to keep them moving onto fresh forage/lounge area. There are several
      > really good reasons for this; namely, the chickens get a diverse intake of
      > protein and greens, they are less stressed and they aren't lounging on their
      > own droppings.
      > However, several times I have used the tractor to create a deep mulch bed.
      > To do this I spread and inch or two of fresh, dry hay on top of the old hay
      > every day or two... after a week or two, there's a thick mat of hay which
      > is nicely interspersed with chicken manure. After removing the tractor, I
      > water the piles a few times.. not strictly necessary, but compost loves to
      > be moist. After a month or two, the entire lower half of the pile is
      > beautiful and fluffy, mixed into the soil gradually by the earthworms and
      > other decomposers. Seriously, it looks like chocolate cake.
      >
      > I plant right into this. Yes, it does need some time to mellow out, but
      > there's no turning or digging.
      > The carbon in the hay ties up the nitrogen in the manure.
      >
      > Peace,
      >
      > Steve.
      >

      > --
      > The rule of no realm is mine . . . great or small.
      > But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are
      > my care.
      > And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task . . . if anything passes
      > through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again
      > in days to come.
      > For I also am a steward. Did you not know?
      > ~ Gandalf

      Artilleriestr. 6
      D-27283 Verden
      Tel (+49) 4231- 90 30 470 (lange aufs Klingeln warten)
      Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
      http://www.allmende.de.vu
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 28, 2010
        Reg......
        Peaches...and Nectarines
        Anyne have
        early maturing
        and
        Curly leaf - (Taphrina ) resistant peaches,
        willing to send me some pits ??

        Geir Flatabø

        Zitat von Steve <permalove@...>:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > I'm Steve in Bermuda.
        >
        > This response is more to do with the birds themselves than the fodder.. you
        > guys already know about comfrey and dandelions, etc, so I won't go over it
        > again.
        >
        > I run several chickens in a tractor (portable bottomless cage), and mostly I
        > like to keep them moving onto fresh forage/lounge area.  There are several
        > really good reasons for this; namely, the chickens get a diverse intake of
        > protein and greens, they are less stressed and they aren't lounging on their
        > own droppings.
        > However, several times I have used the tractor to create a deep mulch bed.
        > To do this I spread and inch or two of fresh, dry hay on top of the old hay
        > every day or two...  after a week or two, there's a thick mat of hay which
        > is nicely interspersed with chicken manure.  After removing the tractor, I
        > water the piles a few times.. not strictly necessary, but compost loves to
        > be moist.  After a month or two, the entire lower half of the pile is
        > beautiful and fluffy, mixed into the soil gradually by the earthworms and
        > other decomposers.  Seriously, it looks like chocolate cake.
        >
        > I plant right into this.  Yes, it does need some time to mellow out, but
        > there's no turning or digging.
        > The carbon in the hay ties up the nitrogen in the manure.
        >
        > Peace,
        >
        > Steve.
        >

        > --
        > The rule of no realm is mine . . . great or small.
        > But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are
        > my care.
        > And for my part, I shall not wholly fail of my task . . . if anything passes
        > through this night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again
        > in days to come.
        > For I also am a steward. Did you not know?
        >  ~ Gandalf

        Artilleriestr. 6
        D-27283 Verden
        Tel   (+49) 4231- 90 30 470 (lange aufs Klingeln warten)
        Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
        http://www.allmende.de.vu

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional