Athoum Sedum Plant

  • melcraft1993
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2010
      Hi there,
      I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this specific plant and growing it indoors. Would it grow and survive well? How large does it usually get?
      Thank you
    • daniel wildman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 12, 2010
        Hello: Here are a fews links/info on the sedum you asked about
        From what I know/read it is a sort of vineing plant/succlent, it looks to be smallI could not see why it could not be grown ndoors, only thing I could suggestis to try an grow it indoors.Let me know of you progress if you try it.
         I have grown Hen&Chicks - Crassulaceae indoors, only thing is they never seem to spreed or produce any chicks

        Links to Sedum althum:

        Plump green rosettes of leaves that color to red in the heat of summer. Flowers are light pink to white. Compact grower will not become invasive. Native of Yugoslavia and Greece. Evergreen.

        http://www.squawmountaingardens.com/product.cfm?CID=1

        Sedum album 'Athoum'
        Fat leaves are apple green with tips turning red in late summer. Small pink flowers. Nice winter color. From Greece & former Yugoslavia. Zone 4

        Thank You Dan the PlantMan

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 14, 2010
          If you grow it by a sunny window it should be ok.
          Sedum is the plant we used almost exclusively in Germany on green roofs.
          They don't like shade, and don't water succulents very often.
          Gail

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 14, 2010
            Hello Gail: Thank You for that little bit of info, But I was not the one asking about growing Sedum indoors,
            it was someone else in the group, But I hope they are following this information, Danke Dan

            Hello: Here are a fews links/info on the sedum you asked about
            From what I know/read it is a sort of vineing plant/succlent, it looks to be smallI could not see why it could not be grown ndoors, only thing I could suggestis to try an grow it indoors.Let me know of you progress if you try it.

            http://www.greenroofplants.com/Catalogweb/Sedum_album_Athoum.htm

            http://www.sedumphotos.net/v/sedum-a/Sedum+album+Athoum+_1_.jpg.html