Re: [pfaf] 'Natural' Wood Preservative

  • Erich Enke
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2010
      For smaller projects, I use shellac.  It's food grade, and eco-friendly, and I've been pleased with how well it works.  It's essentially a secretion of the lac beetle -- a renewable resource.

      Erich

      On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 4:12 PM, patbrry <madd0ct0r@...> wrote:

      Hello, anybody have any good ideas for a good timber preservative that's minimally polluting?

      It's an existing wooden bridge over a stream in a damp welsh valley.

      Whatever goes on the bridge will also splash/drip in the stream. It's a nature reserve, so collateral damage is not acceptable.

      the EA's website is not entirely helpful, and skimming the pfaf database seems to be hinting to use Garlic Oil as a fungicide.

      I think we can see the problem there.

      any other ideas?