amelanchier plants sought

  • monkeyandsofia
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2010

      hi, does anyone have some small (and free or very cheap) cuttings/ plants of amelanchier stolonifera/ alnifolia/ basalticola/ and confusa?  We need about ten.  Also the name of a grower (in the UK and Spain if there are any) of all the other edible species necessary for a forest garden, but don't cost a fortune.

      Phil & Maureen

      El Pocito , Andalucia, SPAIN

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2010
        Hi Phil and Maureen,

        When you say "all the other edible species necessary for a forest
        garden" you are covering a very broad range of possibilities, and in
        my opinion would be extremely fortunate to find a single source for
        even half of those types of species.

        Having said that, the profile of a forest garden will also differ
        considerably from one climate/microclimate to another.

        It will probably work better to seek specific plants and trees which
        would work in your climate (for instance, asking for drought-tolerant
        species if your garden is to be in arid Spain and cold-hardy species
        if it will be in the UK).

        I will be asking friends about growers in both the UK and Spain for
        you, as I have friends in both countries.. but meanwhile have a look
        at some plants you enjoy, or are attracted to, and look up their sun,
        water and other climatic requirements.

        Peace and love,

        Steve.

        --
        "Soon we realized that these men . . . they were mad. They wanted the
        land; they wanted to carry away the wood; they were also searching for

        ~ Isabel Allende, from The Stories of Eva Luna

        (replying to message:)
        amelanchier plants sought
        Posted by: "monkeyandsofia" monkeyandsofia@...
        Mon May 31, 2010 4:37 am (PDT)

      • david.keltie@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2010
          Agroforestry.Co.Uk
          cheers, david.

          --
          Sent from my mobile device
        • chex.rice
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2010
            I don't have any plants to ship to spain but here in the American Midwest the juneberries you speak of are all ripening and tasting very delicious! Lucky for me the city I live in planted them all over downtown near where I live a beautiful landscaping plant. I recommend to every one to grow them!

            Chris
            USDA Zone 5a
            Illinois, USA
            near the banks of the Mississippi River

            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "monkeyandsofia" <monkeyandsofia@...> wrote:

            > hi, does anyone have some small (and free or very cheap) cuttings/
            > plants of amelanchier stolonifera/ alnifolia/ basalticola/ and confusa?
            > We need about ten. Also the name of a grower (in the UK and Spain if
            > there are any) of all the other edible species necessary for a forest
            > garden, but don't cost a fortune.
            >

            > Phil & Maureen
            >
            > El Pocito <http://asimplerlife.yolasite.com/> , Andalucia, SPAIN

          • maureen & phil rooksby
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2010
              Hi Chris
              very envious.  If you ever come across any seeds (or of anything interesting edible), think of us, we are always interested in trying to grow as diverse a number of plants as possible.
              All the best.
              Phil

              Maureen & Phil Rooksby
              Finca ¨El Pocito¨
              Oficina de Correos
              Almonaster La Real
              21350
              Huelva
              Andalucia  SPAIN

              in the meantime, why not check out our latest creative activities at monkeyandsofia.blogspot.com
              or life off-the-grid at asimplerlife.yolasite.com

              I don't have any plants to ship to spain but here in the American Midwest the juneberries you speak of are all ripening and tasting very delicious! Lucky for me the city I live in planted them all over downtown near where I live a beautiful landscaping plant. I recommend to every one to grow them!

              Chris
              USDA Zone 5a
              Illinois, USA
              near the banks of the Mississippi River

              --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "monkeyandsofia" <monkeyandsofia@...> wrote:

              > hi, does anyone have some small (and free or very cheap) cuttings/
              > plants of amelanchier stolonifera/ alnifolia/ basalticola/ and confusa?
              > We need about ten. Also the name of a grower (in the UK and Spain if
              > there are any) of all the other edible species necessary for a forest
              > garden, but don't cost a fortune.
              >

              > Phil & Maureen
              >
              > El Pocito <http://asimplerlife.yolasite.com/> , Andalucia, SPAIN

            • octavio torres
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2010
                Hi all. If you or any have seeds/cuttings,also, think in us Greetings from Colombia

                --- El vie, 4/6/10, maureen & phil rooksby <monkeyandsofia@...> escribió:
                Hi Chris
                very envious.  If you ever come across any seeds (or of anything interesting edible), think of us, we are always interested in trying to grow as diverse a number of plants as possible.
                All the best.
                Phil

                in the meantime, why not check out our latest creative activities at monkeyandsofia. blogspot. com
                or life off-the-grid at asimplerlife. yolasite. com