Re: Plants that are good to pick now, before they change texture flavor

  • Francis S
    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2010
      Bull Thistle is out,

      peal the large flower stalk.
      I did it in the field with hand full of leaves
      just rubbed it
      like I was cleaning a barrle of a shot gun with steel wool
      , I never cleaned one before though I like that rusty or dingy look.

      OH When it get older it gets fiberous hard as Leather,
      Burrdock Roots I think MAy be past there prime, but Im not sure of where your at because of the weather.
      Im not certain even around here, becasue of the weather
      I know last year they weren't good after may was over.
      (but I have only been picking them so long so Maybe I need more experince. I will have to see.)

      I mean't pine neddle's they ALSO taaste good old
      also I lkike blue spruce neddle tea
      Accualy a tea company sells the tea,
      but I think it is fir, or maybe Pindarosa pine.

      I mean't they are soft when picked young, (blue spruce.)