Phenology Newsletter (Forwarded)

  • Phil Slade
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2004
      Dear Phenology Recorders and Subscribers

      The fluctuating temperatures are making for a stop-start spring, a challenge
      I am sure UKPN recorders are up to! This month, start to look for flowering
      alder and birch catkins, blackthorn flowers, ladybirds and chiffchaffs, the
      golden glow of lesser celandine and the delicate white wood anemones. If you
      are a Spring into Science recorder don't forget to enter your early records
      as soon as you can.
      To read more about Nature's Calendar in March click on the link to our
      e-newsletter below or cut and paste it into your browser.
      http://www.phenology.org.uk/newsletter.htm
      This month:
      - Get into the garden without ever leaving your armchair
      - When is a bud actually bursting?
      - Rare cricket sighting
      - February temperature records are being broken

      As usual there are two stunning web calendars for you to download. Don't
      forget you can also email a link to your friends and brighten up their month
      too.

      Best wishes

      Jill Attenborough
      Phenology Project Manager
      http://www.phenology.org.uk

      P.S. Don't forget to book your place now for the joint Royal Meteorological
      Society/Woodland Trust seminar on phenology to be held at London Zoo on May
      15th 2004. Tickets just £5 for Trust and RMS members, £10 all others. To
      register telephone the RMS on 0118 956 8500 or email
      susandrew@... or visit:
      www.royalmetsoc.org
      We will also keep you informed as to how you can take part online. It is
      aimed at anyone with an interest in phenology.

      Our Reference: 303204826

      ***
      are addressed. Any views or opinions are solely those of the
      author and do not necessarily represent those of the Woodland
      Trust. If you have received this email in error please notify
      postmaster@....
      The Woodland Trust. Registered Charity No. 294344. A non-profit
      making company limited by guarantee. Registered in England
      No. 1982873 Registered Office: Autumn Park, Dysart Road,
      Grantham, Lincs. NG31 6LL.
      http://www.woodland-trust.org.uk

      --- a good answer now is better than the perfect answer too late.