Prairie Turnip / Bread Root

  • green_solutions@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2010
      Greetings,

      Has anyone succeeded in growing prairie turnips (aka bread root aka Psoralea esculenta)?

      I am about to put some in my garden, and would like to know when to harvest them. Specifically, how many years do you wait before you harvest? I have read some sources that seem to harvest after the first year, and others that recommended waiting four years.

      Much appreciated...

      F. Teel