Pea leaf weevil (Sitona lineatus) damage?

  • peter wheat
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2010
      Hello All,
                 I've been noticing that my peas have been getting notched leaves (even those protected with twiggy sticks / wire mesh).
      I think the culprit is the pea leaf weevil (Sitona lineatus).  Not sure if I should be worried about the damage?  Apparently the adults cause the leaf dammange, but it is their grubs who eat the root nodules, which causes the most damage.  Anyone come across this before, or have any tips?  Is growing under fleece going to be the best approach?  Thanks in advance.

      Kind regards,

      Pete.