Free Seed Exchange

  • joy jacob
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2010

      I am happy to extend my wholehearted support
      of the idea Charlie has put forward to the
      Yahoo Group. I am from India.

      But, I would like to extend the idea to work
      globally so that exchange of seeds be done
      freely by snail mail between, or across, countries
      and political boundaries, because what God has
      created is to be shared with love towards each
      other, irrespective of man-made divisions.

      I am not sure if the laws of some countries will
      permit this exchange. Those who are
      knowledgeable about this may post their views so
      that the whole picture becomes clear.

    • Douglas
      Message 2 of 7 , May 4, 2010

        Great event by great people.

        Uplifting to read such events exist.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 5, 2010
          Yes! Exchanging seeds internationally would be wonderful and I'm sure it can happen in the future but I think there's currently many laws prohibiting the free transportation of seeds across these imaginary boarders (I sent mine through the post without trouble, but you could be less lucky).

          But for now, lets get this idea off the ground!

          So if anyone in this group has seeds that they could spare for others to enjoy, please post a message and I'm sure you'll receive many grateful replies from others.

          To give someone the gift of a seed and let them watch it grow and harvest the fruit - what gift could be more magical?

          I currently possess the seeds of many varieties of trees, though nothing edible at the moment... if you're interested please let me know!

          Charlie

          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, joy jacob <joyonjacob@...> wrote:

          > I am happy to extend my wholehearted support
          > of the idea *Charlie* has put forward to the
          > Yahoo Group. I am from India.
          >
          > But, I would like to extend the idea to work
          > globally so that exchange of seeds be done
          > freely by snail mail between, or across, countries
          > and political boundaries, because what God has
          > created is to be shared with love towards each
          > other, irrespective of man-made divisions.
          >
          > I am not sure if the laws of some countries will
          > permit this exchange. Those who are
          > knowledgeable about this may post their views so
          > that the whole picture becomes clear.

        • Gaardenier
          Message 4 of 7 , May 6, 2010

            Hello dear Seeders,

            I only cultivate edible and/or medical trees or shrubs.

            A lot of usefull seeds I bought for very reasonable prices at Schumacher treeseeds in Massachusetts USA.

            Also Silverhill seeds and Lifestyle seeds in South Africa .

            In Germany and Austria at www.tropenland.at and www.tropenland.de  .

            Free of charge is very nice but takes me too long to wait for somebody having something that I want.

            Vriendelijke groeten, kind regards

          • hugo makepeace
            Message 5 of 7 , May 18, 2010

              hi there !

                i havent checked my pfaf folder for ages, but it feels relevant that i just take a look today and see your mailing re: free seed exchange !!!

                Yes sir !...  this is indeed the way forward and respects go out to all involved.

                I live in Oxford, where there is quite a hub of environmentalists, and farmers market people, and allotment keepers, and I know for sure there would be many people willing to help make this happen here. There are some really lovely spots for it to happen too!

                I'm going to mention it to people and see what feedback i get.

                If you want to communicate further about this, please use my email address as i dont check all the pfaf postings any more.

                keep on planting!  ( seeds of change )

              hugo

            • BrendasOrganics@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , May 18, 2010
                Each country has restrictions as to what can or cannot be brought in.  As long as it is a legal substance all they do is confiscate it here in the US.  You can check with the postal authorities to see what is ok to send and what is not.
                Brenda