Germinating nNaked pumpkin seeds

  • dougxmail
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2010
      Hello all,

      does anyone of you have any tips on how to germinate naked pumpkin seeds successfully?
      I have germinated one seed so far but I am not sure if it will grow and survive as it looks very week and sunshine and warmth are currently unavailble (although it is inside behind a window).
      Most of them do not germinate, mold or 'disintegrate'.
      I am located in the Netherlands and I try to germinate the store bought, yummie, organic seeds that I normally eat.
      Hulled pumpkin seeds, either bought as seed or from store bought pumpkins, usually germinate effortlessly.
      Thanks,

      Douglas
    • Markus Brunner
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2010
        Hi Douglas,

        it could be that your seeds were dried too hot, or are too old. They should
        germinate easily within 2 days if you put them between some sheets of wet
        paper towel at a warm place. After the root appears you should put them in
        soil.

        Good luck

        Markus