Re: phyllostachys aureosulcata

  • memexikon
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2001
      We started with one plant in a gallon pot. Got the plant from someone's
      yard in Kalamazoo, MI (a good zone or more warmer than here). The first
      couple years it didnt do much. In the last 3 years it has been increasing
      coverage by a factor of 10 & some shoots are coming up a good 20 feet from
      the nearest above ground growth. Until this year all canes were the
      thickness of a pencil & 3 feet high. This year we have a number of them
      that are twice that thick & 6-8 feet high. As mentioned in the pfaf
      database, they work great for potted plant supports. We have also made them
      into chopsticks.

      mIEKAL

      interesting comment meikal - can you say how