Re: [pfaf] Hi All

  • R J Morris (Plants For A Future)
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 25, 2001
      > Hello Rich, Melana here from Quebec. I just happened to be messing
      > around
      > at YahooGroups looking for interesting e-mail groups to let my group
      > know
      > about when I stumbled onto this one. You where the only person here
      > but I
      > joined anyway just to see what comes of this.
      > Of course I told my group about you so a few of us came over to be a
      > part of
      > this. PFAF is a favorite web site for many of us and I have long
      > thought an
      > e-mail group would be a great companion to the site.
      >
      > Wishing you the best as you get this off the ground and I am looking
      > forward
      > to gaining new insights into edible wild plants and herbs.

      Nice one for the plug. I've seen your site before, which is really good.
      Somehow I didn't get a link added, there is now.
      It would be nice to add plant specific links to all your articles, maybe
      oneday.

      ttfn
      Rich
    • Andre and Melana
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 25, 2001
        : Nice one for the plug. I've seen your site before, which is really good.
        : Somehow I didn't get a link added, there is now.
        : It would be nice to add plant specific links to all your articles, maybe
        : oneday.
        :
        : ttfn
        : Rich

        Well...truth be known I want to be PFAF when I grow up. :-)
        But for now I do what I can. Actually my computer is about half dead and
        having a web page open while I am working on my site all but crashes my
        system. Most of the articles do have links to additional
        information...about half is up-dated and the other half will have to wait
        until I get a new computer.
        Slow job at best but we are getting there.

        What is going to be your focus here and how are you looking to lead
        discussions Rich? Are you looking to use this medium to expand information
        found at PFAF or is this going to be just for the fun of it?

        There are several knowledgeable people here already itching to see the floor
        opened.

        Melana
        --
        Edible Wild Kitchen http://www.ediblewild.com
        Suite101 http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/5055
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 25, 2001
          Hi guys, I am here too....

          Melana, perhaps Rich meant that *he* would perhaps one day add plant
          specific links one day from specific plants on *his* site to appropriate
          articles on *your* site. Not sure, but I do not think he was asking you to
          do more work~~~

          Joanie

          > : Nice one for the plug. I've seen your site before, which is really
          good.
          >: Somehow I didn't get a link added, there is now.
          >: It would be nice to add plant specific links to all your articles, maybe
          >: oneday.
          >:
          >: ttfn
          >: Rich
          >
          >Well...truth be known I want to be PFAF when I grow up. :-)
          >But for now I do what I can. <snip>
        • Andre and Melana
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 25, 2001
            Oh you know Joanie...I keep you around to do my thinking for me! LOL
            Hadn't even crossed my mind he was talking about his end...guess I am just
            to used to doing things from my end.

            I will say Rich that I promote the PFAF web site as often as possible and
            link to it often in my articles. Really the best there is. I also have Ken
            Fern's book and find it was worth every penny.

            Maybe if you like we could discuss some of the plants mentioned in it.

            Yeah...I know...restless on my end.... :-)

            Melana
            --
            Edible Wild Kitchen http://www.ediblewild.com
            Suite101 http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/5055

            : Melana, perhaps Rich meant that *he* would perhaps one day add plant
            : specific links one day from specific plants on *his* site to appropriate
            : articles on *your* site. Not sure, but I do not think he was asking you
            : do more work~~~
            :
            : Joanie
            :
          • R J Morris (Plants For A Future)
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 26, 2001
              On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Joanie MacPhee wrote:

              > Hi guys, I am here too....
              >
              > Melana, perhaps Rich meant that *he* would perhaps one day add plant
              > specific links one day from specific plants on *his* site to appropriate
              > articles on *your* site. Not sure, but I do not think he was asking you to
              > do more work~~~

              Indeed that is what I ment, modulo time.

              Rich