Creating A (free)plant web site Anyone know of good layouts

  • Francis S
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25, 2010
      Im trying to start a web site with common edible or medicinal (INVASIVE) weeds
      to get people interested, but also native Plants That have really great edible fruit
      you just do not hear about like native Tropical PAw paw (Asimina triloba)
      That taste like Mango (and grow IN our freezing winters (Like Chicago's or Aurora IL.)

      I'd like to organize all of my links I have saved, but also share them.
      Some of My friends share the same interests, and It may be the time of the year
      fom one thing or the other, and then I have to dig around My emails trying to
      find these things For myself, and others.

      For instance
      I have 1000 links of plant links
      That I do not think would go well in a folder,
      but May fit well In a wikipedia type layout.

      (I do not like sites ran by google
      Since I know they have a free web hosting thing,
      I thought I'd bring it up.)
      I just do not like how you search for something on these sites] and they give
      you a preview of what may be in the link.

      (I'd rather lable something like this
      This web site has a great bike trail directions,
      This (other) web site has Photes
      to explain some of the difficult gaps between the bike trails.
      ( Gaps as in streets country dirt roads cul de sacs etc. or just plain off road
      trails)

      Here Is another good example
      This plant Plantago Major Isn't a US native Plantago ,
      and is used for Mosquito bites

      Native Plantago would be Highlighted,
      and dirrect you to the native species.
      but also might direct you to (Links to)resources for seeds too.
      Mosquito bite would be highlighted (maybe or something else)
      That would lead you to different things to prevent Mosquitos,
      like Aloe Vera. (and some say Vitamin B which I believe or eating garlic)

      But those would be Highlghted With ( A MAIN) links to medicinal things on garlic
      or aloe, and additional links (If I have them.).

      I wouldn't even mind having people chime in,
      but I hate how blogs are set up,
      and I really do not care for comments like Wow great web site
      what A waste of life you only live once so those would be blocked.