Persemmons

  • JuliaAna
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2010
      Hi my name is JuliaAna; I'm new to this group and just want to jump in and say I grew up w/ lots of persimmon trees in N. FL.  My GMa grew one type, my fav of course, called a chocolate persimmon.   It tasted just like chocolate too and made amazing pies.  And she grafted all her persimmon trees.  I have never met anyone else who know what chocolate persimmons were but I promice you that if you can find one from a nursuryman, you can graft it from then on, and have the most magical of delicious fruits availiable!

      Anyway to answer your question talk to your local County Extention Agent and find out about them in your area and about what you need to graft them to and also check w/ your local nursery.

      i would love advice... i am having trouble trying to grow new wild persimmons from the pits.. this tiny fruit is so sweet so i am trying to grow more perhaps the best way to propagate is via branchs

    • brave.life.earth@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 15, 2010
        thank grafting is a great idea.. chocolate hmmm yummy