Re: [pfaf] New member with Crataegus schraderiana questions

  • matthew@b-and-t-world-seeds.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2010
      hmm there is no zone 0.

      I have seen notes suggesting the species be protected at Zone 9 or lower.

      Most Crataegus (like Crataegus caucasica) are hardy to zone 5, Crataegus calpodendron is said to be hardy to zone 2.

      The coldest parts of Greece might get down to zone 6, and it is possible that Crataegus schraderiana extends into regions that are zone 5.

      The Eastern Mediterranean can have cold snaps way below the average annual minimum temperature (USDA Zone).

      All the best,
      Matthew

      Matthew Sleigh
      P-2, North Poblacion