re: Nutritional Value Wild Food

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10 8:37 AM
      Hi.. I guess your name is Anna?

      I'm Steve (in Bermuda), and am also very interested in wild food
      nutrition, especially in how non-hybridized and/or wild foods differ
      in nutrient values from "domesticated" varieties.

      I highly recommend you contact Arthur Haines in Maine (USA). He is
      very well regarded in this area, and lives as much as he can from
      foraging in his local area.

      Here is a video interview (6-part) in which activist and health
      motivator Daniel Vitalis interviews Arthur at his home.
      In Parts 2 and 3 Arthur processes pignut hickory with step-by-step description.

      Here are the links..

      Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJEMR-Udpbg (Intro/self-sufficiency)
      Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ZY5MhufM4 (Processing wild
      pignut hickory)
      Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPGN950zzdo (Wild nutrition/
      pignut hickory nutmilk)
      Part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGh4gescLu8 (non-tea kombucha)
      Part 5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik9PXpuCQuc (Harvesting wild rice)
      Part 6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVUeNqdV94I (Wild Rice continued)
      Bonus vid. – Arthur starts a fire - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w9Q_tCL3Tk

      Peace

      Steve

      --
      "In the face of all-annihilating weapons, the natural next step may be
      the use of no weapons. It may be that the only possibly effective

      ~ Wendell Berry, in '84 (from the essay "Property, Patriotism and
      National Defense" as included in the book "Home Economics")