OT: The red Road in used by hippie permies

  • Smittyctz6
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2010
      The Original Author was stating that the " hippy type permies" were stealing something from Our Culture that can not be stolen. Our Spirituality.  Wôbi. Is an Abenaki Term for  white or The others.

      Mekwi Road is the Red Road.. Or Abenaki way or in your words Native American way.

      My culture or heritage doesn't not care if  Wôbi try to take something that doesn't belong to them for in our eyes is unobtainable. Like trying to take something from Jesus the Christ and use it as He did.  Unless you are born within our culture and have our blood in your veins how can you work it?

      You can learn from it and practice a form of it with benefit to yourself and our Mother, but to fully come into the world of the Shaman you need to be related to those that have gone before. They will only guide their relatives along the sky road. Way or Path of Light.. Jesus the Christ was the only  Wôbi like person we know of that walked that Way..

      On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Debbie McDonald <lbirk e1@...> wrote:

      I'm new here, from USA, can you all expand on this thread.

      Funny seeing this here.. Very Wôbi..
      We don't really care if  Wôbi people try to steal what they think is "shamanistic"
      We follow the true way the Mekwi Road.. It is in our Blood, because of that it can only be accessed by a  Mekwi Zanôba or Behanem

        That is one thing the American rainbow tribe people have right. That concept is correct...but the issue of plastic shammanic theft of native american ritual is serious and very damaging and also hippy type permies are blind to this in general. Its bad medicene as well as being disrespectful. It has serious mental heath fallout...and will contain and limit the power of what people are doing ESPECIALLY in terms of community wide effect of the work).

      Good luck out there anyway - back into hibernation for me I think.

      --
      Bruce Smith
      InHisThyme Homestead

      @{--+----+------+------------

      A little faith will bring your soul to heaven, but a lot of faith will bring heaven to your soul.  ~Author Unknown

    • Rich
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2010
        This thread is now getting off topic for this group, so I'm now going to close the thread. I would ask members not to post again on this topic. if you wish to reply to can email the authors of the posts.

        Richard (Moderator)

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Smittyctz6 <cityhomesteader@...> wrote:

        > The Original Author was stating that the " hippy type permies" were stealing
        > something from Our Culture that can not be stolen. Our Spirituality. W�bi.
      • i23testingcyborg2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2010
          When Native American ritual is stolen by whites its ceases to be native american ritual - thats what my native american friends say. Jesus doesn't come into it - thats another tradition and if you ask me a loony one mostly. (in the organised christian church and regualr bible - stone age nonsense).

          Many hippy type permies and vegans etc just take it for granted they they, or the 'scene' can use teepees, and various imitations of native american culture and ritual. Not only is this stolen ritual senario dangerous pyscologically (take care kids of these supposedly sound and right on people!), but it is also disrespectful to native american culture, and ALSO massivly reduces the effectivness of the work that many who are concerned about the trashing of Mother Earth by, essentially, 'western' values by the way,, IN TERMS OF COMMUNITY WIDE EFFECT...and thats the crux, to break through to the wider community on these issues. This issue is ignored by many, thus:

          http://www.sustainability-centre.org/#

          ..this place is the base for the UK Permaculture Magazine. Native Americans traditions request that Europeans cease using their ritual and culture. This MOST DEFINITLY IS a very very very very serious issue for native american traditionals and even many mainstream native americans.

          It gets even worse with outfits like the mid Wales based 'Workhouse Collective'...they have a kinda hardcore vegan/anaimal rights extremist even type stance, and would campaign activly against Makah tribal whaling for example, thus:

          http://www.makah.com/whaling.htm

          Headcases! This is what 'plastic shammanism' is - false realities/consciousness made by ritual abuse/theft of indigenous ritual that produces a 'plastic reality'.

          The other point I was making was that although permacultural concepts may by sharing caring, prominent personalities in the permie scene display some very very ultra competive behavious in terms of personal pyscological game plays.

          I.e what I am saying is that you need to forget the vampiring of a multitude of indigenous traditions from around the world, and just take the free love concept of sharing, which really I think most real religions are actually about...and start living by that as much as possible. Thus the ethos of the so called 'rainbow tribe' type thing. (but again perhaps the bloodline native americans are the real Rainbow Tribe..maybe thats just another white mans imitation game), but leave native american ritual alone, and start sharing...and that would most definitly and essentially include any mind altering drugs in the mix. I.e blody well ban dealing, enforced by NVDA (non violent direct action) if neccessary, and start a sharing 'nice' game at events! That way collective consciousness is auspciously changed, and hopefully also on a community wide basis.

          All the best ya'll!

          Blessed be

          Jim.