Apios

  • nudsurf
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2004
      like to know seed sources in usa... also post some permaculture links
      for southern usa.
    • KenFern
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2004
        You would be better off obtaining tubers since seed is likely to give
        variable results.

        I'm not sure how up to date this info is, but William Blackmon of the
        Department of Horticulture at Louisiana State University was carrying out
        research into this species in the 1980's and 90's. He developed several
        higher-yielding cultivars. I'd recommend contacting him, or the Department
        of Agriculture if he is no longer there, to see if these cultivars are
        available.

        Hope that is of help

        Ken Fern

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 15, 2004
          I got mine from Will Bonsall of the Seed Savers network... As I
          remember he had a number of different cultivars.

          mIEKAL