Re: I need some help...

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2001
      Dear Jorge,
      > I'm a spanish agricultural student near to finish my
      > degree, but before get the title of "Agricultural
      > engineer" i must do a final work.
      >
      > I'm very worried about the agriculture of today, so
      > from the beginning of my studies I have read a lot
      > about sustainable agriculture, organic farming (I've
      > been working in this kind of farms all around Europe)
      > and environment. So i know a few about it...
      >
      > But I've got a little problem... Nobody here wants to
      > listen about it. They are very busy trying to increase
      > yields, selling transgenic seeds to poor farmers,
      > moving water thousand miles to develop new golf
      > areas...

      There are lots of projects out in Spain doing permaculture and such like
      have a look at
      http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/Links.html#EU

      > I've got some ideas for my final work, but I need to
      > know which are the main ideas you think are more
      > important to work with...
      >
      > Examples:
      >
      > New crops used for destilation of organic pesticides
      > New tillage techniques against soil erosion
      > Development of forrage crops
      > Organic periurban farming...

      These are all really good ideas and would all make a really good final
      project. Another option would be to pick a specific plant and do
      detailed research on it, say finding all the sites articles
      about the plant and compiling a good review of the plant.

      > Please, tell me what is more important for you today.
      >
      > Thanks a million for your time and consideration and
      > hoping that people will realize how important is to
      > take care about our mother nature...

      I've passed your email onto the pfaf mailing list
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pfaf
      I'm sure someone there will have some good ideas.

      All the best

      Rich
      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Main Site: Blagdon Cross, Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5DF, England