Re: [pfaf] Re: Edible grasses in common "lawn"?

  • Joseph A. Cleary
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2010
              Dear Francis S:
                  I too thank you, as I have a friend here in Oklahoma who has Arthritis real bad, plus she's real low on Iron, so I'll tell her husband about the Dock seeds.
                  I only strive to help.
                  Please be well.
      Shalom, Shalom, Yosef of Ok.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3, 2010
        Latin  names
        would indeed make it easier for us not custom to American / english names !
        Geir Flatabø

        2010/1/3 Francis S <manofpeace32@...>
        Creeping Charlie(all parts) I don't know where you live,
        but it is all around the USA.

        (all of these plants are used are pretty much edible)

        pepper weed
        pineapple weed

        these n sprout out in the yard and will grow bigger
        if they are near a garden or some where where they aren't cut.

        Ameranth (vegtable type grain type
        very decorative)

        currly dock (rumex crispus)
        the leaves are good
        the dried seeds make tea (it has iron in it though)

        clover (flower tea)
        leaves aren't to tasty to me but you can eat them in salad/soup if you want.
        wood sorrle
        fat hen

        I have never planted any of these, and they pop up in my yard.
        milk weed has also along with other plants.
        edit
        (oh you can also eat the sprouts from maple the seeds that come up with the leaves taste sweet

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Anna Janek <annakamenska@...> wrote:

        > also Violets the whole thing roots,leaves and flowers
        >
        > Anna

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to: