Re:The oldest living organism on earth is an oak tree blessed be

  • ryborgryborg268
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 27, 2009
      Check out this special oak wood if you're in the area:

      http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=pembury&countryCode=GB#map=51.11278,0.36476|17|4&bd=useful_information&loc=GB:51.11265:0.36476:17| clay hill road|Clay Hill Road, Lamberhurst, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, TN3 8

      This wood used to be hazel coppice I think a long time ago, there is hornbeam in it as well - now its very tall oaks close together, and mires and purple leaves on the ground at the moment and lots of bends and twisted trucks and branches. Clear ground. You can park etc by the road, the trees form a high tunnel overhead. Then enetre shapeshist world!