Re: [pfaf] Stevia Rebaudiana seeds

  • Carles Esquerda
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hi Alex, you can fins Stevia seeds here:

      http://stevia-store.com/index.html

      I have never tried to germinate Stevia seeds because I prefer to multiply by cuttings.

      Cheers,

      Carles

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 7, 2009
        Hello David

        thanks for the info, I ordered some from nickys-nursery and after the first lot getting lost in the post i received them, whenI had a look at them they where all tan colour, simon hickmont in future foods sayes Stevia produce 2 kinds of seeds, fertile black one's and non viable tan colour seeds, have you had succes with seeds from nickys nursery before of where your seeds from a different source and can you rember the colour. the Scotish nursery with the plants is www.poyntzfieldherbs.co.uk , if i have no luck with the germination I will try them. Thanks for your tips about germination.

        Alex

      • david.keltie@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2009
          Can't remember the colour, sorry. Around 10 germinated but I've now
          only got 4 I'm growing (slowly) on.

          You should email nickys-nursery the info you have - I've always found
          them very accommodating...

          Cheers, David