Stevia Rebaudiana seeds

  • alexsproutchicken
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hi, I have been trying to get hold of some Stevia seeds in the UK and not been able to, can anyone recommend any seed merchants that can supply them or I you have some saved ones and can spare a few that would be brilliant.

      Thanks

      Alex
    • david.keltie@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
        Here you go:

        http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?anchor=top&SASSpage=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nickys-nursery.co.uk%2F&keywords=stevia&B1=+++Search+++

        Warning - they're difficult to germinate. However, I've had some success with putting them on wet kitchen roll, then sealing in a freezer bag. Need to be left on a window sill - they need light to germinate.

        Also there is a place in Scotland that sells the plants but I can't now trace the URL....

        Hope this helps, David

        On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 11:06 AM, alexsproutchicken <alexsproutchicken@...> wrote:

        Hi, I have been trying to get hold of some Stevia seeds in the UK and not been able to, can anyone recommend any seed merchants that can supply them or I you have some saved ones and can spare a few that would be brilliant.

        Thanks

        Alex

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           pfaf-digest@yahoogroups.com
           pfaf-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Carles Esquerda
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2009
          Hi Alex, you can fins Stevia seeds here:

          http://stevia-store.com/index.html

          I have never tried to germinate Stevia seeds because I prefer to multiply by cuttings.

          Cheers,

          Carles

             http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/pfaf/ join

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2009
            Hello David

            thanks for the info, I ordered some from nickys-nursery and after the first lot getting lost in the post i received them, whenI had a look at them they where all tan colour, simon hickmont in future foods sayes Stevia produce 2 kinds of seeds, fertile black one's and non viable tan colour seeds, have you had succes with seeds from nickys nursery before of where your seeds from a different source and can you rember the colour. the Scotish nursery with the plants is www.poyntzfieldherbs.co.uk , if i have no luck with the germination I will try them. Thanks for your tips about germination.

            Alex

          • david.keltie@gmail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 7, 2009
              Can't remember the colour, sorry. Around 10 germinated but I've now
              only got 4 I'm growing (slowly) on.

              You should email nickys-nursery the info you have - I've always found
              them very accommodating...

              Cheers, David