Re: [pfaf] Saving seeds without fungus, molds, or pests

  • hopkiles@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 12, 2009
      You still take me to sioux city tomorrow afternoon?

      From: "Ossi Kakko" <ossi@...>
      Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 23:24:38 +0200 (EET)
      To: <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] Saving seeds without fungus, molds, or pests

      give them smoke for 20 minutes. burning alder is great for that, maybe
      mixed with a spice of spruce or juniper.

      ossi kakko
      finland

      > Does anyone have any plant-based formulas to save seeds without fungus,
      > molds, or pests? Any suggestions for drying/preserving seeds in high
      > humidity would be helpful, too.

    • Caroline
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 22, 2009
        Sycamore is supposed to be good for both coppicing and firewood (you must cut in the autumn when the sap has stopped rising and leave to mature until the following winter before using it). About to try it. Have tree that we will be topping in a couple of weeks.

        Rather like sycamore as we are in an exposed windy location near the coast and it grows well around here. (Often considered to be a weed, but if you need vigour, go for a weed.)