What's the name of this plant?!

  • Stephen Barstow
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2009

      Well, it’s close relative but slightly smaller Gunnera tinctoria does make an excellent salad!  I was once demonstrated its edibility by a guide in a national park on Chiloe Island, Chile! The leaf stalks are simply peeled and eaten…. I’ve never heard of G. manicata being eaten though (it is found further north in South America) – no idea why and have never tried it. By the way, Gunnera manicata purchased in Europe often turns out to be tinctoria – often confused in the horticultural trade.

      Stephen, Malvik, Norway

      Matteo::
      I don't know what kind of Plant that is,,,BUT WOW what a salad that would make...
      Merryanne