ChrysanthemumTea same as Garden Mums?

  • volvelle2003
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2009
      Chrysanthemum Tea a popular beverage in East Asia made from Chrysanthemum morifolium or Chrysanthemum indicum. It is also used for various ailments in Traditional Chinese Medicine (as tea for flu, acne, fever reduction, increase alertness. Also as a compress for circulatory disorders like varicose veins, atherosclerosis. Although I didn't see any reference to "sinuses", after drinking this tea, I could breathe in a part of my sinuses (forehead, between eyes above nose) for the first time in years! I did have a headache for a short time. Possibly a Herxheimer reaction?)Are Chrysanthemum morifolium or Chrysanthemum indicum the same as Garden Mums?
    • matthew@b-and-t-world-seeds.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2009
        Chrysanthemum indicum (and Chrysanthemum x morifolium a garden/florists hybrid derived from Chrysanthemum indicum) both contain the toxic chemical Arteglasin, it is very common for florists to become allergic (dermatitis) to Chrysanthemums, and with continued exposure they can also become allergic to other plants from the same family, like yarrow and chamomile. Occasional teas made from the dried flowers are OK, most of the toxins are in the leaves.

        Check carefully before consuming any plant that is not known to be safe, and check carefully the identity of plants known to be safe before eating or drinking them. Some plants with poisonous parts are commonly eaten - make sure you have correctly identified the edible parts and that they have been correctly prepared to make them edible.

        Matt

        Chrysanthemum Tea a popular beverage in East Asia made from Chrysanthemum morifolium or Chrysanthemum indicum. It is also used for various ailments in Traditional Chinese Medicine (as tea for flu, acne, fever reduction, increase alertness. Also as a compress for circulatory disorders like varicose veins, atherosclerosis. Although I didn't see any reference to "sinuses", after drinking this tea, I could breathe in a part of my sinuses (forehead, between eyes above nose) for the first time in years! I did have a headache for a short time. Possibly a Herxheimer reaction?)Are Chrysanthemum morifolium or Chrysanthemum indicum the same as Garden Mums?

        Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        To change settings via email:
        mailto:pfaf-digest@yahoogroups.com
        mailto:pfaf-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Joseph A. Cleary
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 30, 2009
                  Dear Volvelle:
                      Baruch Hashem for you and yours, in all truth, I pray Hashem should do for you as you do for others, in other words a Blessing of Blessings on you and yours.
                      I pray that you and yours should be well and have a good Shabbis.
          Shalom, Shalom, Yosef of Ok.
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 2009
            Dear Matthew:
            I purchase every thing from representatives of the highest
            quality products which are safe for human consumption.
            I do thank you for your concern as it's best to be for warned
            than dead.
            I've known others who didn't examine things before they used
            them and their results weren't good, one died and the other didn't die but
            they were never the same after that.
            Please Be Well.
            Shalom, Shalom, Yosef of Ok.