mechanical hoeing instrument or tool

  • Rakesh
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 26, 2009
      hi
      i am looking for a tool by which i can do hoing of my one acre land on which i have planted asparagus racemosus. can any body help me in finding hoing instrument or send me the picture or address of tool seller.
      thank you
    • Michael Porter
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 27, 2009
        do you have a tractor??  or is this being done by hand??  I have "crows foot" attachments for my tractor, to weed in between the rows, --they are available at any tractor implement supplier

        i am looking for a tool by which i can do hoing of my one acre land on which i have planted asparagus racemosus. can any body help me in finding hoing instrument or send me the picture or address of tool seller.
        thank you

      • rakesh jadly
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 27, 2009
          sir
          no i dont have tractor, but sir its not possible to use tractor as the plants are having distance of two feet, there are so many weeds developed in between them, though i tried to uproot them but its taking too mush time and labour, i m in search of a tool which can be used by walking in between the plants.
          thank for response

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 27, 2009

            bye
            good luck!

          • matthew@b-and-t-world-seeds.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 27, 2009
              I love this device ! But does it work on larger weeds in heavy soil ? I can see it working well in pretilled light soil, with weeds that are just germinating.

              I used to use a tiny tiller, the Mantis two-stroke petrol rotovator / tiller, good for small spaces, and light work. Weeds, grasses etc. tend to get wound round the tiller wheels, and stones get stuck in the tines, otherwise a very useful small machine.

              Matt

                Homemade hoe. Historically, Native Americans used rawhide binding to tie the scapula of a large animal (such as a deer or bison) to the bottom of a stick. Flat stones were also used. Perhaps you could find something around the house that is flat or the desired shape and size and tie it to a broom handle with some twine? For illustration, see "Scapula hoe" at  http://omahalanguage.unl.edu/images/index.html

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 28, 2009
                  The wheel hoe and stirip hoe already talked about are the best I have if the tractor is not an option, -  my rows are 2 feet apart also, but my tractor has wheels 4 feet apart, --so they fit nicely in the spaces between the rows, --