What's the name of this plant?!

  • Matteo Mazzola
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 24, 2009
    • 1 Attachment
    • 897 KB
    Hi guys!

    I was walking around in the north Wales and I found this unbelivable plant in front of me...
    What plant is it?

    here the picture

    Thanks

    Matteo

    Message 2 of 6 , Oct 26, 2009
      Gunnera manicata  ( or Gunnera tinctoria, they are somewhat similar)  Giant Rhubarb (No rhubarb )

      Geir Flatabø

      2009/10/24 Matteo Mazzola <silvanelfo@...>
      [Attachment(s) from Matteo Mazzola included below]

      Hi guys!

      I was walking around in the north Wales and I found this unbelivable plant in front of me...
      What plant is it?

      here the picture

      Thanks

      Matteo

      Attachment(s) from Matteo Mazzola

      1 of 1 Photo(s)

    • david.keltie@gmail.com

        Message 4 of 6 , Oct 26, 2009
          Gunnera manicata?

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnera

          griselda

          On 24 Oct 2009, at 14:50, Matteo Mazzola wrote:

          Hi guys!

          I was walking around in the north Wales and I found this unbelivable plant in front of me...
          What plant is it?

          here the picture

          Thanks

          Matteo

          The news isn't that fruits and vegetables are good for you ~ it's that they are so good for you they could save your life.
                                 By David Bjerklie, TIME Magazine, October 20, 2003
          Juice PLUS+ Capsules contain 17 fruits, vegetables, oats and grains. The ingredients are applescranberriesdatesorangespapayapeachespineapplesbeetsbroccolicarrotscabbagekaletomatoesparsleygarlicspinachrice bran (no gluten), and oats (no gluten).
          and ~ NEW Juice PLUS+ Vineyard Blend adds BlueberriesCranberries, Concorde Grape, BlackberriesBilberries, Grape Seed, Raspberry, Elderberries, Red Currants, and Black Currants.
          Check it out www.takejuiceplus.co.uk

        • merryanne1947
          Message 5 of 6 , Oct 27, 2009
            Matteo::
            I don't know what kind of Plant that is,,,BUT WOW what a salad that would make...
            Merryanne
          • Stephen Barstow
            Message 6 of 6 , Oct 30, 2009

              Well, it’s close relative but slightly smaller Gunnera tinctoria does make an excellent salad!  I was once demonstrated its edibility by a guide in a national park on Chiloe Island, Chile! The leaf stalks are simply peeled and eaten…. I’ve never heard of G. manicata being eaten though (it is found further north in South America) – no idea why and have never tried it. By the way, Gunnera manicata purchased in Europe often turns out to be tinctoria – often confused in the horticultural trade.

              Stephen, Malvik, Norway