Re:soap plants

  • maury
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2009
      Another soap plant that grows in many climes is the chenopodium, or goosefoots. The California variety is supposedly the strongest, but I have used the chenopdium here in my garden to make a mild soapy liquid.

      Maury
      If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.
      ¬óLoren Eisely, The Immense Journey, 1957
    • Ossi Kakko
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 16, 2009
        My experience is that soaking water or first boiling water of seeds of
        chenobodium bonus henricus is effective washing medium for many
        purposes.

        ossi kakko,
        finland