Re: [pfaf] common plantain

  • Veal T
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 9, 2009
      I have used it in salads, stews,
      We (the family) have put it also in soups, yeast, and zucchini bread, rice ball or sushi rolls
      My kids hate to clean it because they say it "gets stringy" but after you dry it for the most part they like it.

      We collected the seeds from the lawn the year before last and planted it and some miners lettuce and other edibles of the local area in one of those kiddie swimming pools. grew great without much fuss (they consider it a weed here) anyway like all things, check the identification, then enjoy! (or not, one of my kids hates it, but he hates spinach and mustard, well anything green really..LOL)

      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 18, 2009

        Maybe you could plant Sutherlandia frutescens?

        http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantqrs/sutherfrut.htm

        http://www.sutherlandia.org/

        I have plants here in Flanders, from seeds purchased from Silverhill seeds in SA.

        Vriendelijke groeten,

        Leo Flandriae