Re: [pfaf] Landfill planting restoration

  • matthew@b-and-t-world-seeds.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2009
      Here are a couple of lists

      Land Reclamation:
      http://b-and-t-world-seeds.com/aleCat.asp?title=*Land%20Reclamation%20Plant%20%20%20Shrub%20and%20Tree%20List&list=173

      Erosion control:
      http://b-and-t-world-seeds.com/aleCat.asp?title=*Erosion%20Control%20Plant%20Seed%20List&list=98

      I agree, it is best to choose plants that grow locally anyway, there are quite a few south European plants in these lists.

      Good luck,
      Matthew

      Matthew Sleigh
      P-2, North Poblacion
      Don Carlos, Bukidnon
      8712
      Philippines

      Matthew Sleigh
      B and T World Seeds
      Paguignan
      34210 Aigues-Vives
      France
      matthew@...
      http://b-and-t-world-seeds.com/
      fax ++ 33 (0) 4 68 91 30 39

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 10, 2009
        Dear Dada

        Your idea is absolutely right.But as you want to make it a
        forest,see to it that you select plants native to that area.As the fauna has to live on them.
        We have to make their life easier.

        regards

        subrata

        Dr S Chakraborty
        Chief Medical Officer(SG)
        BSF Sector Hospital Kolkata
        Tagorevilla. Alambazar.
        Kolkata 700035
        09433863045/033 25789128

        On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Matteo Mazzola <silvanelfo@...> wrote:

[...]

      • ambyagro
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 11, 2009
          Hello Mateo.We can recommend to you Vetiveria zizanioides that has fast growth, larger roots and clean the soil of polutants. Besides provides an efficient Erosion Control.This plant is sowed in contour lines for best success.
          If is possible please send to me a copy of your project. I live in Barranquilla, Colombia and I am a Vetiveria grower since 1990. Regards
          OCTAVIO TORRES, Agronomist
          ambyagroltd@...