Re: [pfaf] common plantain

  • Ossi Kakko
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 9, 2009
      Young tender leaves are soft and make great addition in salads and
      older leaves can be fermented for sauerkraut or manually juiced.

      seeds can be stoneground and added in soups or used as thickener in spreads
      as it functions like flax seed. it's very tasty also.

      ossi kakko

      >  Does anyone know how to eat this??  I have plenty growing and hear it is
      > very good and good for us...but what do I do with it?
      >
      > Thank you

    • Gaardenier
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 18, 2009

        Maybe you could plant Sutherlandia frutescens?

        http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantqrs/sutherfrut.htm

        http://www.sutherlandia.org/

        I have plants here in Flanders, from seeds purchased from Silverhill seeds in SA.

        Vriendelijke groeten,

        Leo Flandriae