RE: [pfaf] Boosting Your Immune System

  • LA Hopkins
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 15, 2003
      Echinacea is a herb that is used at the first sign that you are developing a cold.  You should not use it if you are pregnant and due to people being different my resources show some people may develop a resistance to it after 2 weeks and some after 8 weeks.  Therefore before taking Echinacea you should consult your doctor.

      No, I am not selling anything.  I write in my spare time and do some research on herbs that we grow.  I have a newsletter and do not post everything in the newsletter some of the stuff I post we have also posted on our website.  However, some thought that because we do sell things on our website that it was innappropriate to refer to the website for further information.  Because I do not believe in spam I offer an invitation to receive my newsletter.  There is absolutely nothing sold in the newsletter nor does the newsletter contain advertisements.  It is simply articles just as this one.

      Hilary Robinson <hilrobinson@...> wrote:
      Can I have a translation please?
      Where I come from, being "in a bind" means being in a no-win situation.

      >Lastly we have the over-advertised Echinacea.  An excellent herb if you
      >find yourself in a bind.  I am going to repeat that so there is an emphasis
      >on ONLY IF YOU ARE IN A BIND.

      BTW, your mailing reads to me as though you are trying to sell something -
      is this the case?

      Regards, Hilary Robinson
      Cheshire, England

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • Hilary Robinson
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 15, 2003
        OK.
        But what I was asking is, what do you mean by "in a bind"?
        Regards, Hilary

        >From: LA Hopkins <hopkiles@...>
        >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: RE: [pfaf] Boosting Your Immune System
        >Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:26:24 -0800 (PST)
        >
        >Echinacea is a herb that is used at the first sign that you are developing
        >a cold. You should not use it if you are pregnant and due to people being
        >different my resources show some people may develop a resistance to it
        >after 2 weeks and some after 8 weeks. Therefore before taking Echinacea
        >you should consult your doctor.
        >
        >No, I am not selling anything. I write in my spare time and do some
        >research on herbs that we grow. I have a newsletter and do not post
        >everything in the newsletter some of the stuff I post we have also posted
        >on our website. However, some thought that because we do sell things on
        >our website that it was innappropriate to refer to the website for further
        >information. Because I do not believe in spam I offer an invitation to
        >receive my newsletter. There is absolutely nothing sold in the newsletter
        >nor does the newsletter contain advertisements. It is simply articles just
        >as this one.
        >
        >Hilary Robinson <hilrobinson@...> wrote:
        >Can I have a translation please?
        >Where I come from, being "in a bind" means being in a no-win situation.
        >
        > >Lastly we have the over-advertised Echinacea. An excellent herb if you
        > >find yourself in a bind. I am going to repeat that so there is an
        >emphasis
        > >on ONLY IF YOU ARE IN A BIND.
        >
        >BTW, your mailing reads to me as though you are trying to sell something -
        >is this the case?
        >
        >Regards, Hilary Robinson
        >Cheshire, England

        >New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing

        http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger
      • Hilary Robinson
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 15, 2003
          I'd be happy to see Permaculture projects etc advertised occasionally, as
          that would be informative and useful. Maybe even organic nurseries etc. But
          not keen on "ordinary" commercial stuff.
          Regards, Hilary

          >From: Richard Morris <webmaster@...>
          >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Boosting Your Immune System
          >Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:50:20 +0000
          >
          >How does the list feel about commercial adverts
          >we recently had a post from 1888Orchids.com
          >selling their wares, this has been rejected.
          >
          >Would people in general like to see commercial posts?
          >Should a distinction be made for permaculture projects
          >and the like?
          >
          > Rich
          >--

          http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess
        • Maggie Wallace
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 15, 2003
            > Would people in general like to see commercial posts?
            > Should a distinction be made for permaculture projects
            > and the like?

            I really don't want to see commercial posts on this List - I get enough
            spam already!

            Maggie Wallace
          • LA Hopkins
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 15, 2003
              Your surrounded by people that are coming down with a cold and no matter what you do you feel yourself starting to get sick.  You've tried everything that you know getting sleep, taking iron, taking zinc, ect.

              Hilary Robinson <hilrobinson@...> wrote:
              OK.
              But what I was asking is, what do you mean by "in a bind"?
              Regards, Hilary

              >From: LA Hopkins <hopkiles@...>
              >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: RE: [pfaf] Boosting Your Immune System
              >Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:26:24 -0800 (PST)
              >
              >Echinacea is a herb that is used at the first sign that you are developing
              >a cold.  You should not use it if you are pregnant and due to people being
              >different my resources show some people may develop a resistance to it
              >after 2 weeks and some after 8 weeks.  Therefore before taking Echinacea
              >you should consult your doctor.
              >
              >No, I am not selling anything.  I write in my spare time and do some
              >research on herbs that we grow.  I have a newsletter and do not post
              >everything in the newsletter some of the stuff I post we have also posted
              >on our website.  However, some thought that because we do sell things on
              >our website that it was innappropriate to refer to the website for further
              >information.  Because I do not believe in spam I offer an invitation to
              >receive my newsletter.  There is absolutely nothing sold in the newsletter
              >nor does the newsletter contain advertisements.  It is simply articles just
              >as this one.
              >
              >Hilary Robinson <hilrobinson@...> wrote:
              >Can I have a translation please?
              >Where I come from, being "in a bind" means being in a no-win situation.
              >
              > >Lastly we have the over-advertised Echinacea.  An excellent herb if you
              > >find yourself in a bind.  I am going to repeat that so there is an
              >emphasis
              > >on ONLY IF YOU ARE IN A BIND.
              >
              >BTW, your mailing reads to me as though you are trying to sell something -
              >is this the case?
              >
              >Regards, Hilary Robinson
              >Cheshire, England

              >New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing

              http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              click here

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • Lisa Cole
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 16, 2003
                I have had enough of the off topic posts clogging up
                my inbox.

                bye

                Lisa

                BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk