Re: mulberry tree guilds

  • trentrhode
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 1 6:33 PM
      Hi Simon,
      Walnut grows with Mulberry well, just to let you know. Mulberry is a good buffer tree to buffer the effects of walnut from other plants. Mulberry has a tap root, if that helps with designing a guild.
      ~Trent

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "simon" <simonsharp1976@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > I am involved with a permaculture group on north london. We are in the early stages of planning a major forest garden. one of my tasks is to research companion plants for mulberry trees (mainly morus nigra variety). I am a real novice and was looking for hints or leads to more info in this. The pfaf database, great as it is, has limited info relating specifically to mulberry guilds (or I have looked in the wrong place). Any leads, info greatly appreciated.

    • Gaardenier
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 18 10:42 AM

        Maybe you could plant Sutherlandia frutescens?

        http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantqrs/sutherfrut.htm

        http://www.sutherlandia.org/

        I have plants here in Flanders, from seeds purchased from Silverhill seeds in SA.

        Vriendelijke groeten,

        Leo Flandriae