[TRADE] Glaucium flavum seeds

  • masterofthegoons
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2009
      I'll swap a fresh seedpod of Glaucium flavum collected from the wild for fresh musa "helens hybrid" seeds. anyone interested?
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2009
        Hi Hugh,

        If "Helen's Hybrid" (Musa sp.) is really a hybrid, will you get usable
        seeds from it? It was my understanding that seed from hybrids
        reverted to the characteristics of an ancestor (not necessarily
        desirable). Is this not the case with bananas?

        Peace,

        Steve.
      • masterofthegoons
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2009
          I think that when it comes to living things there is no hard and fast answer; it is thought by some that we evolve from fertile hybrids but in the case of a liger it is sterile.

          The only way to find out is through experimentation.

          But im gonna go with ur hunch and ask for different seeds :P

          Any fertile fresh musa seeds anyone? exchange for glaucium flavum.

          From,
          Hugh