Edible/useful bog plants/trees?

  • sue4698
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2009
      Hi everybody,
      We we will soon be buying a stretch of river which runs through two acres of very boggy land in West Wales. Can anyone suggest any edible/useful plants or trees which would grow under these conditions? The soil is acidic so my first thoughts are cranberries and blueberries. Cranberries plants are very expensive though so I thought of growing them from seed. Does anyone have any tips for success?
      I know that alders would thrive, but we already have loads of them so any other suggestions would be really welcome.
      Thanks
      Sue